Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Been a while (updates)

I know it's been a while since I blogged, and in true fashion I'm doing this one before the sun comes up. Alot has happened since I last posted, although if you read my last post, still the same problem. Even the same girl which is amazing i must say (and still very painful). But thats already been posted so on to other new things.

Wally World. I'm now regularly running shifts by myself with minimal (usually no) management interference, although since I'm not management myself I do have to call them for certain things like unlocking certain doors/rooms, or asking if we need to do anything special. This is the longest I've held a job, and I must say that I am proud of myself and the dedication I've shown to this job, especially considering the shear amount of BS that is involved (any who know me know my profound hatred for BS and those that perpetrate it). Been working for Wal-Mart for 7 months and while I'm never going to love it, I do enjoy the physical aspect, and management has always been something I enjoy, trying to get things running as smoothly as possible, efficiency and work direction, that sort of thing. And apparently my managers like me, with the exception of one who doesn't even necessarily dislike me, but rather my current roommate.

Which brings me to my next update. For those of you who didn't know, Jake moved back to FL at the end of December, and since then I have been rooming with a wonderful person named Brittany Hope Crane (she goes by hope). And please, before anyone gets the same idea that most of my coworkers have, no we aren't sleeping together, nor or we romantically involved in any fashion. I view hope as a little sister, and she sees me as a brother, so no soap operas for you. hope used to work at Wal-Mart, but they apparently didn't like her so now she is a server at Santa Fe, a restaurant in Troy. She is doing very well there and enjoys her job immensely. We are both going to be moving into a trailer in a few days, as our current landlord is a psychotic asshat (urban dictionary link for asshat). The trailer is actually nicer than the house we live in now, it's an '07 model, 3/2 and cheaper than the 3/1 we're in now. It's a veritable win/win/win situation so fun times ^.^

And apparently I'm going to have to finish updates later because I'm about to crash. Thanks for reading, and happy St Patricks Day everyone! God Bless

~Iggy~

1 comment:

JSG said...

Congrats on the new digs! It's important to have an apartment/trailermate who is compatible. I think you're right about not complicating that relationship with romance.

And while the big WM may not be your life plan, it's great to see that you've found complacency in the hard work and efficiency of it.

You sound altogether too independent and grown up....