Wednesday, November 5, 2008

First post

So I finally decided to restart my blog, but unfortunately I couldn't find my old one so I just started a new one.

For those of you who know me but don't know yet, I am now residing in the grand little (VERY little) college town of Troy, home of the Trojan Warriors. I currently work at Wal-Mart as slave number 147, slinging boxes and making sure the shelves get stocked in pets, chemicals and paper goods. Not the greatest of jobs, but my managers like me and there is a lot of room for advancement.

I've met some very interesting people here, mostly college students in the Theater department, which yes, means they are all insane. Of the people I've met, three of them definitely stand out as my closest friends. Alex Piper, a gifted vocalist and actor who has a golden Irish heart; Colin Cahill, who although not actually IN the theater department (hes a nursing major) is still involved and has one of the greatest tenor voices I've heard in someone his age; and finally Bethany Pittman, who doesn't even actually reside in Troy, but rather attends the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. Bethany is a journalism major, and her wit and intelligence are matched only by her beauty and care for others.

This post is already longer than I would have thought it would be for a first, but I've said what I came to say and more updates and posts of my wild (HA!) life will follow. Hope everyone is doing well in the wee hours of the morn. God bless.

~Iggy~

1 comment:

EJG said...

Hello, stranger!

I had heard that you moved, but forgot where. Your blog post filled me in!

I look forward to reading more about your adventures in (real) small town America... and as Slave # 147.

Mrs. G and I always believed you have a brilliant mind... now we can get into it!

Keep writing!